Recently Sangeet Som, MLA of Uttar Pradesh from BJP Party has said that Taj Mahal is not part of Indian history and culture.
- Also Taj Mahal was not included in the official booklet of UP Tourism.
- Yogi Adityanath, in a public TV interview with Arnab Goswami said that Taj Mahal does not represent Indian culture.
- There are unproven social media stories that it was a Shiva temple in the past.
Coming to the present trend, some facts about Taj Mahal you should know :
- Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world from India and also part of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Millions of tourists come to India just to see Taj Mahal and its beauty including many Heads of States.
- Taj Mahal, along with other Mughal structures bring a good share of revenue for Agra and UP Govt.
Where does the problem lies ?
- The present Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath, is still in mindset of a Hindu priest.
- He and MLA Sangeet Som and others in the govt who have background from RSS, have made such statements in the past.
Saying this, we cannot deny the fact that :
- India has suffered a major invasion by Islamic Rulers and invaders who have looted, converted, killed a large number of Hindu masses at that time.
- Son of Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb was the most cruel ruler India has seen who has tortured non Muslims spl Hindus to the extremes. He converted everyone to Islam or killed them.
- He beheaded ninth Sikh Guru, Shri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji in public when he refused accept Islam.
What lies in the present for us ?
- We need to accept our history as it is but live in the present seeing everyone as our own.
- Everyone is free to chose their religion, chose where to visit, and have our voice over anything that bothers.
- We should remember that we now live in 21st century India, a democratic and secular country.
Its immature to say that Taj Mahal is not part of Indian Culture or History. We do suffered a deadly Islamic invasions in the past but we should open up to new world of free and open thinking. India is now a large country of diverse backgrounds.
Taj is our Indian as well as world heritage. The revenues from tourists ultimately brings benefit to the state and its people. At the same time, the state administration can think of more smart, creative ways to promote more places of attraction of all cultures that makes us one and beautiful.